On the 4th July, Coffee Birmingham is being launched and we want you to sign up to the Declaration of Independents.
Take Britain’s coolest and most vibrant city, mix in some of the country’s leading independent coffee houses, some of the tastiest and highest quality independent produce, and Birmingham has an independent scene to shout about.
Coffee Birmingham is a movement raising the profile of Birmingham’s independent coffee houses and indie culture in general, culminating in the inaugural Coffee Birmingham event in Birmingham City Centre on Saturday 29th September 2012 at venues across the city centre.
Coffee Birmingham aims to distinguish and unite Birmingham’s indie scene, putting them in the public eye to showcase their excellence and quality, and bring people together from all backgrounds and neighbourhoods – including those who ordinarily haven’t had the chance to enjoy Birmingham’s independent scene.
The Declaration of Independents
1. Community: to raise the profile of Birmingham’s independents, and encourage people to be part in the independent movement and community that exists in Birmingham
2. Quality: to bring people to Birmingham and promote it as a visitor destination for quality independent produce and enhance its international reputation for indie culture whilst encouraging local people to become visitors in their own region
3. Awareness: to educate members of the public in the quality of work that indies do, an understanding of the local food and drink scene, and in turn, raise interest between new members of the public and the indies
4. Growth: to increase opportunities for independent coffee houses to access new markets and contacts
5. Profile: to create a public platform for indies to demonstrate and sell their quality, skills and produce as entrepreneurs and leaders of Birmingham’s independent scene
Tim is excited that Birmingham’s independent coffee scene is growing and definitely something to shout about. “From July 4th, we want fans and supporters of indies to get involved and fly the flag for independents, come up with creative ideas and use social media to spread the word,” he said.
Coffee Birmingham is looking to talk to sponsors who are passionate for raising the profile of independents and want to celebrate and build awareness of this.
From July 4th, sign up to the declaration at: www.coffeebirmingham.co.uk.