- This event has passed.
Code Club Training Session – Walsall
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 @ 5:30 am - 7:30 pmFree
Make hosting or volunteering at a Code Club one of your goals for 2017!
Join us for this fun and informative workshop in Walsall on 8th February as we give you the full lowdown on what’s involved.
Code Club is a nationwide network of after-school coding clubs for children. All our clubs are led by hosts and volunteers and this training is designed to give you all the information you need before they start running a Code Club.
This hands-on training session will cover what you need in order to either host a Code Club or become a volunteer:
- what a Code Club is and what’s involved
- the roles of a host and volunteer
- how to work effectively with schools and other host venues
- an introduction to Safeguarding
- A chance to get hands-on with Scratch & the Code Club projects
Who is the training for?
- Adults (16+) who would like to learn some coding basics on Scratch
- Anyone who is considering hosting or volunteering at a Code Club and would like some more information before they get started
- Anyone who has signed up as a volunteer but has not yet started running a Code Club
You do not need to have any prior knowledge of coding to join this session.
Getting involved with a Code Club as a host or volunteer will be the best thing you in 2017.
Refreshments will be provided.
Accessibility: if you have questions regarding accessibility, please let me know and I will consult with the venue.
If you have any questions in advance of the session please get in touch on email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you there.
Share the action:
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017
5:30 am - 7:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Code Club
- Event Tags:
- code club, codeclub, coding, creativity, digital, kids, play, tech, technology, walsall, west midlands
- Tim Wilson
- Walsall Campus
Room WN115, WN Building Walsall Campus, University of Wolverhampton, Gorway Road
Walsall, West Midlands WS1 3BD United Kingdom + Google Map