I have managed the regional community of Code Club across the West Midlands for the past three years.
Code Club is a UK-wide network of FREE after school coding clubs for children aged 9-11, providing resources which take children step-by-step through the process of creating games and animations either in Scratch (which most clubs start off with), HTML/CSS and Python.
- Transforming a region which had a limited exposure to Code Club previously
- Building high-end strategic relationships across business and education
- Promoting, leading and facilitating training sessions, meetups, taster sessions, workshops across the West Midlands
- Providing a steer on current and future development of systems, products and services to improve the experience of our users – agile approaches, EAST.
- Quintupled the number of clubs in first three years in post (over 600 across West Midlands region)
- Putting in play a relationship with the Society of Chief Librarians which led to influencing digital agendas in libraries across UK having a significant national impact on club numbers
- managing of regional initiatives and partnerships including with Samsung, Fujitsu, Google and others.
- blog post.
- Cross-business use of Google Drive, Hangouts, Github including Waffle, Prosperworks and Slack
- Evernote, Trello Boards, Streak for gmail
- Coding and programmming – Scratch, Python, HTML/CSS (use of Trinket.io), Sonic Pi (Ruby);
- Physical computing – Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit
- Raspberry Pi Certificated Educator
- STEM Ambassador
Twitter – @codeclubwmids